RC meeting and Run Plan, Monday December 12th
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 ⇛ After-meeting Notes ⇚
- 3 Shift Schedule
- 4 Accelerator Status
- 5 Current Status
- 6 Issues Resolved
- 7 Issues remaining
- 8 Short Term Run Plan
- 9 Planned Accesses to the Hall
- 10 Special Requests
- 11 Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- 12 Data Collection Status
RC Meeting Information
|Current RC:||Eric King [ericking (@jlab.org or @temple.edu)]|
|Time:||Daily at 3:30PM|
|Location:||Counting House Conference Room|
Remote Connection Details
- Join ZoomGov Meeting
- Meeting ID: 161 903 2184
- Passcode: 260715
- Dial by your location
- +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
- +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
- +1 551 285 1373 US
- +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
- 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
- Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acj3pTicMx
⇛ After-meeting Notes ⇚
- I contacted the Crew Chief, Terry, and he said that there are no listed operational restrictions for the SBS magnets during a Møller measurement and that it is up to the collaboration. Therefore, the target people can proceed with whatever calibration/systematics work they would like to do during the Møller measurement.
- The Møller group has agreed to relinquish some time to the target group so they can perform a series of NMR measurements (if this is still what they want to do after their meeting).
- I changed the color of Run 3193 in the GEn run list spreadsheet to yellow and noted in the comment that it's perhaps possible that the data can be recovered and simply referred to Paul King.
All shifts are full! :)
- Accelerator was down at the end of SWING for 45 minutes. [DT Event ID: 17472]
- Hall C valve/vacuum repair is complete; they're coming back online Tuesday; they will be priority hall next week.
Taking production data on 3-He
Things That Happened
- HH Hodoscope voltages dropped on Sunday OWL (IDK, if this is wholly unusual). 4099867
- Scalar helicity histogram from run 3191 50K Replay showed all zeros. 4099876
- This was about 30 minutes of lost data.
- I only found one HALOG post while talking to SL, advised SL to start new run when accelerator returned beam and verify helicity data correct.
- SL should make reviewing 50K plots high priority.
We've been happily running at 40uA.
- (Saturday) I asked Sebastian to make a record of the ramp rates over the course of the past 8 hours during Saturday SWING and he went an extra step. 4099752
- (Sunday) Bill has taken this further and created a strip chart that tracks this continually that seems to work very nicely. 4099956
- Perhaps ask the Shift Leader to screenshot once per shift or add it to Target operator plots to be posted during shift.
Target polarization has been stable. List of the recent polarizations
- MON 12:50 → 40.8% 4100400
- MON 08:34 → 40.3% 4100316
- MON 04:34 → 40.9% 4100229
- MON 00:41 → 41.0% 4100152
- SUN 20:38 → 40.8% 4100093
- SUN 17:31 → 41.3% 4100050
- SUN 14:04 → 41.6% 4099992
Target Operator issues:
- (Monday) UVa fiber trip 4100286
- Is there no alarm??? 4100334
- (Sunday) Bill noticed that the wrong laser software was running on polhe1; he corrected the issue. 4100010
- Junhao has complained that the Windows target VNC screen keeps locking, this is a nuisance. 4100065
- Manju has also complained that this is a nuisance.
Beam Ramping still at 1uA per second
- Increase to 2uA per second → ~10 trips per hour * 40 seconds to ramp / 3600 seconds / 2 [for increase] ~~ 5%
Møller measurement planned for Tuesday DAY, Tuesday Swing or Wednesday DAY. We've offered the PD flexability since our measurement collides with Hall C coming back online.
⇨ Faraz's Møller Prep Checklist 4100123
- Møller detector HVs working
- Møller HH SC magnet cooled and ramped to a few amps
- Møller DAQ working
- Møller target motion not working on Sunday evening.
- Ellen reset 4100367
⇨ Eric's Analysis Software
- Møller analysis software working.
⇨ Unable to check
- BCM is always tricky. Last time we used BCM-New as we couldn't get signal from X10 line.
- Called accelerator to see if they could momentarily send a max of 1uA right after NMR and operator told Faraz that they could only steadily send 2uA. So we can't check out the BCM lines but we always manage.
- Bill Henry has resolved the communication issue regarding the Moller HH magnet. Thank you, Bill. 4099942
- Bill spoke with Zeke about GEM RED alarm panel items about this and they agreed to bring the topic up in Monday's RC Meeting.
- Sean took care of this. Thank you, Sean. 4100352
- BB GEM APV unreachable and cannot be repaired at this time.
Short Term Run Plan
- Continue production run on He3 target, 40 uA
- Use GEnII-noSBSGEMs DAQ config
- Use ps3=0, ps5=6, others =-1
- BBCal threshold at -366 mV, HCal threshold at -19 mV
- NMR measurement every 3 - 4 hours, close to 4 hours is better
Planned Accesses to the Hall
Please email me ericking (@jlab.org or @temple.edu) if there's something to be added.
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Power down SBS, BB, and Detector HV before making an access to the Hall
Data Collection Status
Collected 8.994 C of charge over the weekend (33.553 prior to RC Meet on Friday)
- 77 out of 141 days (~54.6%)
- Total uncorrected accumulated charge on He3: 56.014 C out of 232C (24.14%)
- 2-Pass: 13.467 C
- 3-Pass: 42.547 C (Monday at NOON)