RC meeting and Run Plan, Monday December 19th
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
|Current RC:||Donald Jones|
|Time:||Daily at 3:30PM|
|Location:||Counting House Conference Room|
Remote Connection Details
- Join ZoomGov Meeting
- Meeting ID: 161 903 2184
- Passcode: 260715
- Dial by your location
- +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
- +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
- +1 551 285 1373 US
- +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
- 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
- Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acj3pTicMx
Hall A is in restricted access. Beam to all halls ended at 7AM. Radcon working on getting accelerator and other halls swept before focussing on our target clean up. Clean up should start this afternoon. Jessie found another beryllium window and the machine shop is currently making a new copper collimator which is likely to be done by Wednesday.
All shifts canceled through holiday shutdown; many openings in 2023 (owl shifts especially)
All shifts are canceled :(
There is a need for OWL shifters. Please encourage your students to take some owl shifts. A string of owl shifts are easier to do than doing one here and there.
- BB GEM APV unreachable and cannot be repaired at this time.
Run Plan for this week
Provided by Bill Henry
- Monday, December 19th: Beam will stop for the holiday down in the morning. The Hall will remain in power permit so the target group can perform any remaining calibrations and characterizations. No accesses to the Hall will be made.
- Tuesday, December 20th: RadCon will survey the Hall in the morning, open the target enclosure and do swipes. The upper laser and oven enclosures will be checked for contamination. We need to know if laser work above the enclosure will be possible without RadCon support in order to plan for the rest of the down. After lunch, we will remove the target cell (~2 hours) and rotate the oven (~1 hour). Arun and Kate are available as RW-II workers. Radcon support will be required. Additionally, the target group will need some equipment (oven bottom plate,…) surveyed for removal to the EEL.
- Wednesday, December 21st: Survey the tooling balls on the compass screen. This work will require survey, tech support, RadCon, and RW-II personal (Arun + Kate/Bogdan). The small enclosure door will need to be opened and the compass screen will be mounted on the BB side. Jessie will provide one tech to assist. We will also need 2 RW-II people, one on each side of the target. Survey will be able to do their work outside the high contamination area. 4 hours is the time estimate. The screen will remain in place and not removed until after the new year. Later, perhaps mid-January, the screen will be brought to the survey group to measure the grid wrt to the tooling balls.
- December 22 - January 2: Eat, drink and be Merry!
- Tuesday, January 3rd- Welcome back to work. Jessie’s team will begin reconfiguration of the Hall.
- Wednesday, January 4th- Reconfiguration continues. Survey will be needed for the SBS/BB spectrometers.
- Thursday, January 5th- Reconfiguration completed. Depending on progress, survey might be needed in the morning for SBS/BB. In the afternoon RadCon, Bill, Arun, and Jack(?) will do field measurements (~3 hours).
- Friday, January 6th- We will need a full day of Radcon support. In the morning the target group may do compass measurements, but regardless we will have to remove the compass screen. After the cell installation will begins. The goal is to finish everything but the beamline laser alignment.
- Saturday,Sunday January 7th/8th- If the target and lasers are ready, we can spend the weekend in CANS mode while spinning up the new target and doing calibrations. No RadCon or tech support will be requested.
- Monday January 9th- Target alignment with laser pen and finishing touches of install(3-4hrs). RadCon support will be needed. Bill and Arun will be the RW-II persons in the enclosure. In the afternoon the target group will clean up and should be done with all work in the hall.
- Tuesday, January 10th- Jessie and his team will do hot checkout of the Hall
Not shown here is the laser alignment work. Planning depends on the conditions of the upper enclosures so we will wait until RadCon evaluates the area. One option would be to leave the a paper target on one oven mirror everytime we access the enclosure (12/21, 1/5, 1/6) if the laser work can continue during SWING with the target enclosure locked up.
Discussions are also ongoing regarding reducing the N2 flow on the Be windows and bagging them over the winter break.
Data Collection Status
- 82 out of 146 days (~56.2%)
- Total uncorrected accumulated charge on He3: 62.033 C out of 232C (26.74%)
- 2-Pass: 13.467 C
- 3-Pass: 48.566 C (Final number for kin-3)