RC meeting and Run Plan, Monday November 7th
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Current Status
- 4 Run Plan After Configuration Change
- 5 Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- 6 Shifts and Long Term Issues
- 7 Planned Accesses to the Hall
- 8 Special Requests
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- Join ZoomGov Meeting
- Meeting ID: 161 903 2184
- Passcode: 260715
- Dial by your location
- +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
- +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
- +1 551 285 1373 US
- +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
- 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
- Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acj3pTicMx
Over the Weekend
- Jessie and team rotated the Helmholtz coils, installed the beamline, and moved SBS. See log for details.
- The variac controllers for the oven were replaced and tested by Ellen and Todd. See log for details.
- We went to CANS and the Hunter and the target group aligned the lasers.
- Bill took some additional SBS/BB off coil field measurements. See log for details.
- Hall in restricted access for survey and alignment, follow-up items, and checks. Agenda for today:
- Adjustments to SBS, BB, and HCal as necessary.
- Installation of beamline braces, BB hard stops, and GEM electronics shielding.
- Access to BPM crates for final IPM1H04A correction and validation.
- Possible updates from Jessie.
- IPM1H04A and IPM1H04E are fixed and signals are tested by Simona. Accelerator and hall both have what they need. See log.
- Moller HV is down. Possible update from Don.
- Nitrogen for cooling jets in the target chamber is low/empty. Possible update from Bill.
- Cooling jet position to be optimized tomorrow day by Todd during checkout.
- MSS copying went down due to a jmirror issue. Bob was able to restore normal operation, but the root cause is still unknown. Possible update from Bob.
- Helmholtz coil field during beam restoration. Open discussion.
- Current Polarization: N/A (Target will be installed during swing)
- Hourly screenshots suspended until target installation. Lasers locked out.
- Several tests planned before production running after cell installation. Possible update from Gordon.
- Any Updates?
- Hall currently in restricted access until S&A is complete.
- Following S&A, we will conduct field measurements with SBS and BB on under special provision and with Jack's help.
- Target installation will follow field measurements and be conducted into Tuesday owl. TO is expected to be on-site from Monday swing onward.
Shifts and Meetings
- Shift leader is on stand-by through Tuesday owl.
Experimental progress (for MCC planning meeting)
- 6.1% of accumulated charge for PRODUCTION data (13.55 Coulombs out of 232)
- 30% Experimental run time (43 out of 141 days)
- Long term "to do" items; not urgent, some can be done when 3He target not available
- Luminosity scans with GEMs. See procedure.
- Opportunistic BCM calibration (higher current) before pass change?
- INFN LV Scan and DAQ Stability - maybe 20-30 minutes if nothing else can run
- Work and testing on LV supplies was performed during opportunistic access. See log.
- Misc. GEM commissioning items: https://sbs.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/CommissioningPlan#BB.2FSBS_GEM_Commissioning_.28Continuation.29
Run Plan After Configuration Change
Continue to update 'standard' run plan for 3-pass data taking as necessary.
- GEM luminosity studies could be performed before production. See procedure.
- NMR measurement
- Restore beam
- Optics and H2 Ref Cell (Sometime during run)
- Production Run Plan
- 1.) He-3 runs, at 45uA of beam current. Use ps3==0, ps5=12, all others -1. Take four runs that should each last for one hour.
- 2.) Move the target to the pickup coil position, and the TO should run an NMR sweep to measure the polarization.
- 3.) Return to step 1.)
While on shift:
- Keep an eye out for drifting BPM positions
- Log all DAQ crashes in the excel worksheet along with the reason for the crash
- If beam has been down due to accelerator issues perform a checkout of the beam profile by doing harp scans and check beam centering on target using the Carbon hole target, see Simona's procedure: procedure, If in doubt about whether you should go through the beam checkout procedure, call this number: 7578693131.
- Cross check the rate with what is expected: log
- Cross check with the expected ion chamber readings: log
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
All SL shifts are on standby today. Owl and day shift TO is on standby.
Be sure to follow these procedures:
- Power down SBS, BB, and Detector HV before controlled access and allowing RadCon in the hall
- Communicate to the TO that the SBS and BB magnets will be powered down, so they can update the holding field
- See the beam recovery procedures at: HOW_TOs#Beam_Recovery_Procedure
- See the instructions to set the raster at: HOW_TOs#How_to_ask_MCC_to_set_the_desired_raster_size_of_6_mm
Shifts and Long Term Issues
- Shift Openings: We're looking good for now! Schedule
Planned Accesses to the Hall
In restricted Access. Survey and alignment ongoing.
Nothing scheduled at present.