RC meeting and Run Plan, Saturday December 3rd
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
No Meeting, Have a nice weekend!
- After the discussion yesterday in the RC meeting, we have decided to go to 36 uA beam. Starting from 5 PM @ Dec 2nd, 2022, production run on Pol-He3 are @ 36 uA beam current
- Hunter finished EPR mesurement [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094309 ], after that we have been pumping up the target polarization. We started production run after polarization reached ~20%, the latest NMR measurement as of this log entry gives an polarization around 43.8% [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094830 ]. Please note that the polarization is rough, we are still using the old calibration constant
- Andrew did a detailed evaluation on the missing 16 channels of hodoscope combining the evaluations on both data and simulation, thanks so much to Andrew for putting effort on this! please take a look at the log entry from Andrew: [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094849 ]. Based on Andrew's suggestion, I will look for the earliest opportunity for fixing it. The current plan is if we encounter a long beam down, (longer than 1 hour), we will try to call an escorted access for it.
- HCal seems having "double peak" problems, see a log entry [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094652 ], Jiwan noticed that this problem only happened in one single run, the earlier and later runs are unaffected, we will continue data taking while looking for reasons for this problem.
- In the owl shift, Jack noticed that the target oven temperature went too high without turning back, he discussed with Arun, and decided to manually adjust it, please see a log entry for it [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094659 ]
- Donald is testing BCM signal in Moller polarimeter DAQ, see a log entry [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094806 ]
- Nilanga pointed out that one APV on UV layer2 is not working, see a log entry [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094508 ]. Anu tried rebooting both APV LV and MPD crates, the problem is still there. Since this APV is on the very corner, which overlaps with dead areas on other layers, I don't think it is urgent to fix it since we will need to go up to the Bigbite platform to reach it, so the current plan is leave it, we will fix it during maintenance day or long break.
Short Term Run Plan
- Continue production run on He3 target, 36 uA
- Use GEnII-3stream DAQ config
- Use ps3=0, ps5=6, others =-1
- BBCal threshold at -366 mV, HCal threshold at -19 mV
- NMR measurement every 2 hours
- BB Hodoscope: channel 0R - 15R missing in the 50K replay [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/files/2022/12/4093673/summaryPlots_2966_BBTH.pdf ]
- One APV malfunction, not a big problem
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Will try to arrange an escorted access for fixing hodoscope when we have a long beam down ( longer than 1 hour).
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Power down SBS, BB, and Detector HV before making an access to the Hall