RC meeting and Run Plan, Sunday December 4th
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Data taking has been smooth. No RC meeting for today, Have a nice weekend!
Bill will host a target training session on next Monday after the RC meeting. We have lots of TO shifts open; please take the chance to join the session
- Very smooth production run on He3 target @ 36 uA. No big interruptions.
- NMR polarization - 46.8% (rough) at the time of this log entry
- During Saturday Swing shift, MCC temporarily dropped us to 30 uA due to RF instability issue, I checked with MCC, and confirmed that this is only temporary, as long as they have better RF stability, they will bring us back to 36 uA.
- Jiwan, Alexander, Bryan and Ben traceing the cause of the HCal f1TDC 1 & 4 timing shift issue (see a log https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4095193 ). Up to now, this issue only shows up in a single run 3005. Jiwan put specific instructions on what to do when we encounter this issue again. We will keep an eye on it.
- There are a few runs with 50 K replay missing SBS GEMs plots due to the oversized pdf file, which blocked them from being posted to the logbook. Sean reduced the pdf file size by removing a few histograms. The later runs seem fine since then.
- For future shift takers, MCC gave us an option for checking beam restoration status. Please check a detailed description in a log by Iuliia [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094990 https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4095153 ]
- Target increased laser power from 144 W to 155 W, please see a summary log entry by Jack ( https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4095195 )
- Paul ran the charge asymmetry feedback briefly during run 10038, please see log entries by Paul ( https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4095262 https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4095247 https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4094291 )
- No major issue in OWL shift
- Sunday morning, MCC brought us back to 36 uA beam
Short Term Run Plan
- Continue production run on He3 target, 36 uA
- Use GEnII-3stream DAQ config
- Use ps3=0, ps5=6, others =-1
- BBCal threshold at -366 mV, HCal threshold at -19 mV
- NMR measurement every 2 hours
- BB Hodoscope: channel 0R - 15R missing in the 50K replay [ https://logbooks.jlab.org/files/2022/12/4093673/summaryPlots_2966_BBTH.pdf ]
- One APV malfunction, not a big problem
Planned Accesses to the Hall
- Will try to arrange an escorted access for fixing hodoscope when we have a long beam down ( longer than 1 hour).
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Power down SBS, BB, and Detector HV before making an access to the Hall