RC meeting and Run Plan, Thursday, November 17th
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- Join ZoomGov Meeting
- Meeting ID: 161 903 2184
- Passcode: 260715
- Dial by your location
- +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
- 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
Summary of swing 11/16 - day 11/17
- Continued production run with polarized He3 target @45uA current (last production run in this morning has polarization 43.9%).
- Eric and Don started Moller measurement starting from 8:30am today. SBS and BB were turned off, and magnetic field in target is adjusted using Helmholtz coil.
- Issue with BCM x10 during Moller Measurement, work around swapping cables (with the help from Simona).
- During beam downtime, Gordon measured the NMR turning on both BB and SBS magnets (around 13:15 and new polarization is 47.8%).
- Gordon also accessed hall to optimize the target during longer beam downtime (around 13:45)
Short term run plan
- Complete the Moller measurement and mini spin dance with 30 mins data taking on -20 and +20 deg in addition to current 0 deg Wien angle.
- Continue production data taking
- 45uA of beam current | Use ps3=0, ps5=3, ps2=15, rest =-1 | One hour long runs
- Move the target to the pickup coil position, and do NMR sweep around every 3 hours
- Return to step 1
- Dump right Ion chamber cabling needs to be changed (Jerry Kowal is aware of this)