RC meeting and Run Plan, Tuesday November 1st
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- Join ZoomGov Meeting
- Meeting ID: 161 903 2184
- Passcode: 260715
- Dial by your location
- +1 669 254 5252 US (San Jose)
- +1 646 828 7666 US (New York)
- +1 551 285 1373 US
- +1 669 216 1590 US (San Jose)
- 833 568 8864 US Toll-free
- Find your local number: https://jlab-org.zoomgov.com/u/acj3pTicMx
- Current Polarization: N/A
- Requesting hourly screenshots of Target Strip Charts (and keep an eye on these during shift) - Should be removed after configuration change ended
- Hall was in controlled access last night and this morning.
- Experts performing a series of measurements this afternoon and tonight/overnight.
- More tests of the new VME crate (BPMs and more)
- Jessie and others did work to prepare for major reconfiguration tomorrow
- Other minor work: over interlock box replaced, pulse generator for GRINCH
- Other Subsystem updates?
- Hall in power permit for magnet-on target measurements. Will go back to CA later this afternoon: current estimate is around 4pm
- Plan on more measurements in power permit overnight, as needed
- Tomorrow morning, move to Restricted Access
- Radcon will come in ~7:30 to bag up contaminated items in target enclosure; prepare for work
- Target group will prepare target enclosure for field measurements and then make the measurements
- During some of this time, the BB/SBS magnets will be ON during the Controlled Access (under special test procedures). Check with RC before going down
- Still to do/schedule:
- Remaining BPM crate replacement work? - Keith
- Any other access needed tonight, tomorrow, or Wednesday?
- MCC will set up separator on Wednesday (for 3-pass delivery)
- Most likely scenario is that we're ready to request beam on Friday; details depend on timing of work in the hall.
Experimental progress (for MCC planning meeting): Based on Run Coordinator instructions (new this week)
- 1.1% of accumulated Figure of Merit (charge, corrected for target polarization squared) is 5.19 C out of 476 C desired:
- 27% Experimental run time (38 out of 141 days)
- Raw charge is 13.55 C [2.8% of desired uncorrected charge]
- First 15 days had no beam [40% of our experiment time so far]
- Desired charge neglects all time for commissioning, configuration changes, etc... --> expect it to grow much faster as run gets going
- Is this what we want to present??
- Long term "to do" items; not urgent, some can be done when 3He target not available
- (Luminosity scans with GEMs)
- (Opportunistic BCM calibration (higher current) before pass change?)
- (INFN LV Scan and DAQ Stability - maybe 20-30 minutes if nothing else can run) UPDATE: CAN BE DONE USING THE STAND-ALONE DAQ, SO NO LONGER ON THE OPPORTUNISTIC LIST.
- (Misc. GEM commissioning items: https://sbs.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/CommissioningPlan#BB.2FSBS_GEM_Commissioning_.28Continuation.29)
Current Run Plan
Need updates for the 'standard' run plan below ------
NMR measurement Restore beam
Run Plan 1.) He-3 runs, at 45uA of beam current. Use ps3==0, ps5=12, all others -1. Take four runs that should each last for one hour. 2.) Move the target to the pickup coil position, and the TO should run an NMR sweep to measure the polarization. 3.) Return to step 1.)
- Keep an eye out for drifting BPM positions
- Log all DAQ crashes in the excel worksheet along with the reason for the crash
- If beam has been down due to accelerator issues perform a checkout of the beam profile by doing harp scans and check beam centering on target using the Carbon hole target, see Simona's procedure: , If in doubt about whether you should go through the beam checkout procedure, call this number: 7578693131.
- Cross check the rate with what is expected: 
- Cross check with the expected ion chamber readings: 
Notices in Effect for Shift Crew
- Power down SBS, BB, and Detector HV before controlled access and allowing RadCon in the hall
- Communicate to the TO that the SBS and BB magnets will be powered down, so they can update the holding field
- See the beam recovery procedures at: HOW_TOs#Beam_Recovery_Procedure
- See the instructions to set the raster at: HOW_TOs#How_to_ask_MCC_to_set_the_desired_raster_size_of_6_mm
- Shift Openings: Monday (morning) OWL, Tuesday OWL and SWING.