RC meeting and Run Plan, Friday Sept. 15, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
- Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7-4:30 Mon-Th, 7-11AM Fr. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zak) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
- Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
Readiness for Beam
- CW beam is ready
- MCC completed collimator scan, found edge (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4179721)
- MCC was able to deliver CW beam with 3He target SOFs with No target
- Reference cell IC calibration completed with N2 at 22 psi
- Target polarization is ~33% as of now (experts are monitoring)
- Shift crews are doing the beam restoration process with Carbon hole
- New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- When we chnage target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4179164
For each subsystem we ask that the responsible person go over the following points:
- The overall status of your subsystem
- Will your subsystem be ready well before Hall lock-up on Friday or at the latest by Monday morning?
- Does your system being ready depend on your team only or are outside resources required?
- SBS magnet and Bigbite magnets
- BigBite magnet
- work as expected
- Corrector magnets:
- work as expected
- Target status (magnets, measurements, laser, installation, alignment, polarization, power etc)
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- VME DAC GUI does not read the correct threshold -- pending issue to be fixed
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- Counting House Alarms (Bill Henry)
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Moller polarimeter (Don Jones)
- Paul K. suggested that we take CW beam (5uA or higher) parity data with IHWP out to check if we have reasonable PITA offsets for that IHWP state.
- Need TO for Sunday swing
Preliminary run plan
- First, bring the beam safely into the hall (Beam recovery procedure: https://sbs.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TOs#Beam_Recovery_Procedure)
- Target performance assessment by target group, TO
- Reference IC calibrations
- Take production data if the target is ready
- Production: 1h for 5, 10, 20, 30uA => run 30uA until target experts confirm everything is as it should be. These will be singles (not coincidence). PS5 should be set to 2 for helicity readback.
- Charge asymmetry: Paul will run feedback once a day until hall C comes up.
List of items in case target isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day)
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- Moller measurement
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)
In person: Sanghwa P, Mark J, Jiwan P, Hanjie L, Arun T, Zak. R