RC meeting and Run Plan, Monday Oct. 23, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Status Update
RC Meeting Information
Time: Monday - Friday at 3:30pm
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7am-4:30pm Mon-Thu, 7-11am Fri. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zach) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we change target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: Needs an update after restoring beam tonight (Note: SOFs for major target positions are on the Control Room whiteboard.)
- Weekend was very productive running, accumulated ~7.4 C of corrected charge since last RC meeting
- Struggled with bleedthrough when Hall C went to 30 uA over the weekend - unresolved
- Struggled with GEM trips because correlating with increased IC rates
- MCC thinks this is due to orbit locks
- Sounds like some work in planed for the maintenance day
- MCC working on stop gap measures for the next 2 days
- Sieve slit was inserted this morning around 8:40 for Optics data taking during beam studies
- Running at 45 uA we saw ~2.6 kHz with a BBCal threshold of about 1.7 GeV
- Plans for target laser work?
- Getting encouragement from Doug to run at 50 uA
- Production Data
- Up time has been very good this weekend
Opportunistically between spin ups (?):
- H2 Reference data
- Maintenace Day Wednesday 10/25
- If you want to get into the hall, please communicate with the RC to get this organized!
Data collected :
3 C of corrected charge collected between 7 am yesterday and today
Hall A Subsystems Status
- Some failed fits on a 2 or 3 NMRs over the weekend
- Polarization staying pretty stable around 46-47 % while in beam
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- TDC Still looks good
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- Mostly good (Provakar)
- SC 18-19 missing
- PreShower R-24 having issues, out of acceptance, will look at on maintenance day
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Mostly good (Andrew)
- SBS Layer 2 hole
- SBS LV hardware issue
- Rates too high?
- Hodoscopes (Rachel Montgomery):
- Looks fine (Gary)
- SBS and BB are on.
Hall access requests
If anyone wants to make an access, let the RC know!
IMMINENT OPEN SHIFTS
Please check when your shifts are!
Please sign up for any open shifts!
- Standard production running at 45uA, with NMRs every 3 hours.
==> List of items in case He3 production running isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 [85% (4200 elastic events) more data required for Bigbite momentum calibration]
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on) (? is this different than the optics runs?)