RC meeting and Run Plan, Monday Sept. 18, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
- Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7-4:30 Mon-Th, 7-11AM Fr. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zak) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
- Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
- New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we chnage target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4179164
Readiness for Beam
- CW beam is ready, 30uA.
- There was a couple of times beam was unavailable during the day shift. 1L04 HV drops (down for 1.5h).
- We had an escorted access to resolve the faulty cooling jet flow readback issue.
- This alarm triggers the FSD, and it happens a few times (5-8/day over the weekend, also a few this morning).
- Ellen suggested to increase the flow rate so that even with a dip, it won't be enough to drop the FSD.
- Todd came in and increased the flow rate.
Access on Wednesday
- SBS PS flushing, restricted access 4-6hrs
- C-hole target work
- Laser check
- Alex: TS crate GRINCH FAN VXS reboot, threshold RPi mointor
- BB GEM layer3 hardware fix (~2h)
- Ellen: Grinch bottle weight readback
- Todd, Eric: Grinch gas camera alignment
- Jiwan: Hcal
- Don: Moller target magnet
For each subsystem we ask that the responsible person go over the following points:
- The overall status of your subsystem
- Will your subsystem be ready well before Hall lock-up on Friday or at the latest by Monday morning?
- Does your system being ready depend on your team only or are outside resources required?
- SBS magnet and Bigbite magnets
- work as expected
- Corrector magnets:
- work as expected
- Target status (magnets, measurements, laser, installation, alignment, polarization, power etc)
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- VME DAC GUI does not read the correct threshold -- pending issue to be fixed
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- Counting House Alarms (Bill Henry)
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Moller polarimeter (Don Jones)
- Hall C is going to do the Moller measurement tomorrow.
- Need a swing TO for Tuesday
Preliminary run plan
Take production data
List of items in case target isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day)
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- Moller measurement
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)