RC meeting and Run Plan, Thursday Oct. 12, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Status Update
RC Meeting Information
Time: Monday - Friday at 3:30pm
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7am-4:30pm Mon-Thu, 7-11am Fri. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zach) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we change target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: Needs an update after restoring beam tonight (Note: SOFs for major target positions are on the Control Room whiteboard.)
Swing Shift Plan Beam Checkout: (a) Follow steps 1 through 9 of https://sbs.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/HOW_TOs#If_beam_has_been_down_due_to... (b) Check carbon hole position; (c) Ask MCC for a beam position that will center beam on X; (d) Repeat step 9 of link above; (e) If beam is centered in X, then go to (f); otherwise, retry (c), (d) until beam is centered in X; Note the beam XPOS that centers the beam on whiteboard; (f) Ask MCC for a beam position that will center beam on Y; (g) Repeat step 9 of link above; (h) If beam is centered in X, then go to (i); otherwise, retry (f), (g) until beam is centered in Y; Note the beam YPOS that centers the beam on whiteboard; (i) Beam should now be centered on the carbon hole; Ask MCC to update XSOF, YSOF, with the values you have obtained correcting previous XSOF, YSOF with XPOS, YPOS; (j) Repeat step 9 of link above, and make sure beam is still centered; (k) Done with beam checkout, go back to production!
After beam checkout, switch to PolHe3:
- Bill wants to be here for the first beam on PolHe3!!! He wants to check ion chambers on PolHe3, so please call him before!
- start with 5uA, then increase by 5uA every 5min up to 45uA
Beam After Maintainance
Opportunistically between spin ups (?):
- Single foil optics data
- Moller measurement
- Recovering from south linac 2K cold box trip;
- If you want to get into the hall, please communicate with the RC to get this organized!
Data collected :
Hall A Subsystems Status
- Ladder Alignment achieved;
- EPR performed => calibration constant 0.81
- All HV currently off. Hall is in controlled access.
- BBCal 7.4 dead. Discussion on changing PMT base at next available time.
- SBS and BB are off. Hall is in controlled access.
Hall access requests
If anyone wants to make an access, let the RC know!
IMMINENT OPEN SHIFTS
- Thursday 10/12 OWL (Target Operator)
- Friday 10/13 OWL (Target Operator)
- Saturday 10/14 DAY (Target Operator)
Please check when your shifts are!
Please sign up for any open shifts!
- Standard production running at 45uA, with NMRs every 3 hours.
==> List of items in case He3 production running isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day) [85% (4200 elastic events) more data required for Bigbite momentum calibration]
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)