RC meeting and Run Plan, Thursday Oct. 19, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Status Update
RC Meeting Information
Time: Monday - Friday at 3:30pm
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7am-4:30pm Mon-Thu, 7-11am Fri. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zach) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we change target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: Needs an update after restoring beam tonight (Note: SOFs for major target positions are on the Control Room whiteboard.)
- Waiting for Beam most of the shift
- Started and finished Moller measurement, 80.6 %
Day Shift Plan
- Take single carbon foil sieve data with magnets OFF
- Take multi carbon foil sieve data with magnets ON
- Remove sieve slit with escorted access
Swing/Owl Shift Plan
- Production Data
- Beam down ~5 hours due to master oscillator issue during owl
- Beam down 2.5+ hours for South Linac access
Opportunistically between spin ups (?):
- H2 Reference data
- If you want to get into the hall, please communicate with the RC to get this organized!
Data collected :
0 C production up to 12 pm
Hall A Subsystems Status
- Laser power and alignment were adjusted yesterday, spinning up well now
- GEMs HV off in preparation for beam establishment in the hall.
- BBCal 7.4 dead. Discussion on changing PMT base at next available time. (? still true?)
- SBS and BB are on.
Hall access requests
If anyone wants to make an access, let the RC know!
IMMINENT OPEN SHIFTS
- Friday 10/20 Day (Shift Lead)
- Saturday 10/21 DAY (Target Operator, trade requested)
Please check when your shifts are!
Please sign up for any open shifts!
- Standard production running at 45uA, with NMRs every 3 hours.
==> List of items in case He3 production running isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day) [85% (4200 elastic events) more data required for Bigbite momentum calibration]
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on) (? is this different than the optics runs?)