RC meeting and Run Plan, Thursday Oct. 5, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Status Update
RC Meeting Information
Time: Monday - Friday at 3:30pm
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7am-4:30pm Mon-Thu, 7-11am Fri. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zach) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we change target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: Needs an update after restoring beam tonight (Note: SOFs for major target positions are on the Control Room whiteboard.)
- After the RC meeting yesterday, Hunter continued to diagnose the loss of communication with the target software. A full summary of the work is available here: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4192606
- During this time he re-connected the cell RTDs which had been disconnected on Tuesday.
- The nature of the work in fixing the target software required/caused the holding field to change several times such that the cell depolarized partially.
- NMR: 19.8%
- Not high enough for production per Gordon's 30% limit, so made a plan to run on H2 reference cell until polarization was acceptable.
- Beam window cooling jets alarmed. Assisted the TO in attaching a new gas canister.
- Reference cell purged and filled x3, filled to 147psi H2
- Ref cell xsof ysof values set at no target position. BPM and IC look good, moving to ref cell position in preparation for beam on ref cell.
- 10uA,20uA,30uA look good.
- 5uA/5min Ramp to 45uA.
- NMR: 33.9%
- Proceeded to take 40uA on pol He3 target.
- NMR: 36.7%
- Pushed to 45uA on pol He3 target.
- Production for the rest of OWL shift.
08:02 - Now
- Ongoing MCC beam studies + PSS system fixes.
- Hall swept and put into controlled access around 09:15am.
- GEM Access: Holly + GEM experts
- HODO Access: Gary
- ECal Access: Simona + Don
- BSY Trip, MCC say extra time on todays activities of order 2h.
- While installing PSS chain bypass, machine was tripped and halls dropped to indetermined status -> restricted.
- Working with Techs, MCC, Radcon on re-establishing controlled access and eventually beam permit
- Beam studies ongoing atleast for the rest of day shift.
- Earlier PSS system issues now fixed
- There will be a maintenance day during Day shift on Wednesday 11/10
If you want to get into the hall, please communicate with the RC to get this organized!
Data collected :
- Wednesday SWING: 0.133 C
- Thursday OWL: 1.250 C
- Thursday DAY: 0.000 C
- TOTAL: 1.383 C
Hall A Subsystems Status
- Magnets are off due to hall being in restricted/controlled access. Lasers and oven are still on, so the target is still actively polarising.
- No detector issues today. HV have been off all day.
Hall access requests
- Opportinistic Access Request: Colling Jet (Todd/Ellen - Whiteboard in CH) -- is this outdated?
- If anyone wants to make an access, let the RC know!
- Monday 10/09 Swing Shift Needs a TO!
- Please check when your shifts are!
Please sign up for any open shifts!
Short Term Run plan
- Sweep hall to controlled
- Wait for MCC to complete beam studies.
- Perform full beam checkout
- Standard production running at 45uA, with NMRs every 3 hours.
==> List of items in case He3 production running isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day) [85% (4200 elastic events) more data required for Bigbite momentum calibration]
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)