RC meeting and Run Plan, Tuesday Oct. 10, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Status Update
RC Meeting Information
Time: Monday - Friday at 3:30pm
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7am-4:30pm Mon-Thu, 7-11am Fri. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zach) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we change target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: Needs an update after restoring beam tonight (Note: SOFs for major target positions are on the Control Room whiteboard.)
- Radcon cleaned the enclosure yesterday and this morning, complete around 9am.
- Old target cell uninstalled before lunch.
- New target cell in progress
- Arun took new cell down
- Todd brought new reference cell
- Hope to be done by 5pm, able to spin up overnight
- Alignment and any other tasks/issues in the morning
Opportunistically between spin ups (?):
- H2 Reference data
- Single foil optics data
- Moller measurement
- There will be a maintenance day during Day shift on Wednesday 10/11
- If you want to get into the hall, please communicate with the RC to get this organized!
Data collected :
Hall A Subsystems Status
- Installation in progress
- All HV currently off. Hall is in controlled access.
- BBCal 7.4 dead. Discussion on changing PMT base at next available time.
- SBS and BB are off. Hall is in controlled access.
Hall access requests
- Hodoscope (Ralph + Gary) during wednesday maintainance to troubleshoot erronous timing signals. (Will coordinate around target r.e. keys if and when necessary).
If anyone wants to make an access, let the RC know!
Please check when your shifts are!
Please sign up for any open shifts!
- Standard production running at 45uA, with NMRs every 3 hours.
==> List of items in case He3 production running isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day) [85% (4200 elastic events) more data required for Bigbite momentum calibration]
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)