RC meeting and Run Plan, Tuesday Sept. 19, 2023
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Readiness for Beam
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7-4:30 Mon-Th, 7-11AM Fr. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zak) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we chnage target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4179164 (Note: SOFs for "No Target" has been updated and they are same as the He3 target values)
Readiness for Beam
- A few hours of downtime during swing: 1C05 trip magnet regulation fault, PS replaced (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4182290). ABU+BANU: 2.5+1.0 = 3.5hrs.
- Downtime during the daytime mostly due to RF issues. AB+BANU: 5.1+0.6 = 5.7hrs
- Took 30uA beam for swing and owl. Got 30-36uA during the day shift. ABU+BANU: 3.1+0.7 = 3.8hrs
- Charge collected:
- Swing: 0.225C - Owl: 0.288C - Day: 0.244C
For each subsystem we ask that the responsible person go over the following points:
- The overall status of your subsystem
- Will your subsystem be ready well before Hall lock-up on Friday or at the latest by Monday morning?
- Does your system being ready depend on your team only or are outside resources required?
- SBS magnet and Bigbite magnets
- work as expected
- Corrector magnets:
- work as expected
- Target status (magnets, measurements, laser, installation, alignment, polarization, power etc)
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- VME DAC GUI does not read the correct threshold -- pending issue to be fixed
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- Counting House Alarms (Bill Henry)
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Moller polarimeter (Don Jones)
- Hall C is going to do the Moller measurement tomorrow.
- Hodoscopes (Rachel Montgomery):
- Hodo status ok. Will fix two bottom bars with low efficiency.
Task list during the access, Tuesday 9/20
- Please let SL know that you are going down to the hall, where to work, and after you are done.
- Make a HALOG entry summarizing the work
- Start early in the morning if possible, to reduce the interference with the laser work (put the hall in CANS mode)
- SBS PS acid flushing. Crew will be there as soon as we can get into the hall
- Target work
- Sean: BB GEM Layer 3 (~2h)
- Jiwan: HCal (a few channels missing TDC)
- Alex: TS crate, GRINCH FAN VXS reboot, threshold RPi monitor
- Ellen: Grinch bottle weight readback
- Ralph: Hodoscope (bottom two blocks with low efficiency)
- Don: Moller target magnet
- Jimmy: ECal HV crates. DSG will do some work on the ECal heater prototype
- Looks much better! Just a couple of slots to fill next week (DAY, SWING).
- Take production data until tomorrow morning, up to 36uA.
- At around 6:50am tomorrow, beam off and ramp down SBS and BB magnets before the access.
- Hall open around 7:30-8AM.
- After the access, restore the CW beam. Check Carbon hole data and do the target centering.
- Also check the detector plots in the meantime.
- Bring up the current up to 45uA on He3 if possible.
- Take data with glass cells overnight.
List of items in case target isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day)
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- Moller measurement
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)