RC meeting and Run Plan, Wednesday Sept. 20, 2023
From SBS wiki
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
- 1 RC Meeting Information
- 2 Useful Links
- 3 Procedures
- 4 Readiness for Beam
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Hall A call-in instructions:
- Call RC first.
- Techs on site 7-4:30 Mon-Th, 7-11AM Fr. RC will call Hall A work coordinator (Zak) during normal working hours. After hours, RC calls Tech on-call.
- After 9pm everything non-emergency needs to be deferred. What is emergency and what's not? Call RC. RC talks with Mark to decide.
Hall Access procedure:
- Access check list (binder on the counting room desk) needs to be filled out before making an access.
- Scan (take pictures with phone) and post it to the logbook.
- Any work inside the SBS, BB boundary need to have PS locked out -- requires two QEWs to throw the big switch. Exception: field measurements.
New instruction for shift crew when changing target:
- Beam restoration instructions have been updated. Printed version is in the counting room.
- When we chnage target, make sure the SOFs of Target BPMs are set to the correct values.
- SOFs for different targets: https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4179164 (Note: SOFs for "No Target" has been updated and they are same as the He3 target values)
Readiness for Beam
- Maintenance day, started around 8am as no halls taking beam.
- MCC is wrapping up the RF work. Expect to be done by 5pm.
- Charge collected (polarization corrected):
- Swing: 0.273C
- Owl: 0C (SBS magnet down)
- Day: 0C (Access)
- Total accumulated charge for pass4: 61.35
For each subsystem we ask that the responsible person go over the following points:
- The overall status of your subsystem
- Will your subsystem be ready well before Hall lock-up on Friday or at the latest by Monday morning?
- Does your system being ready depend on your team only or are outside resources required?
- SBS magnet and Bigbite magnets
- work as expected
- Corrector magnets:
- work as expected
- Target status (magnets, measurements, laser, installation, alignment, polarization, power etc)
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- VME DAC GUI does not read the correct threshold -- pending issue to be fixed
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- Counting House Alarms (Bill Henry)
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Moller polarimeter (Don Jones)
- Hall C is going to do the Moller measurement tomorrow.
- Hodoscopes (Rachel Montgomery):
- Hodo status ok. Will fix two bottom bars with low efficiency.
Task list during the access today
- SBS PS acid flushing. Done by 10am. For future reference: it usually takes 2-2.5hrs (including setting up the equipment, flushing work itself takes 1h for SBS)
- Sean, Holly: BB GEM
- Jiwan: HCal
- Alex: TS crate, GRINCH FAN VXS reboot, threshold RPi
- Eric: Grinch LED pulser
- Ellen: Grinch bottle weight readback, Moller target magnet PS remote control
- Ralph: Hodoscope
- Don: Moller target magnet training
- Completed! https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4183612
- Jimmy: ECal HV crates. DSG will do some work on the ECal heater prototype
- Looks very good, fully staffed for the next week.
- Target status?
- Carbon-hole target center check: MCC will update the new SOFs in their script (Bryan)
- Reference cell data taking (already filled with H2 at 10atm)
- Potentially doing the Moller after all (Don can start after 8pm). PD is informed about the possibility and will support.
List of items in case target isn’t ready:
- Take data on reference cell at 10 atm H2 (portions that add up to 1 day)
- BigBite Sieve slit => only during day (Techs needed)
- with 8 carbon foils and take optics for 1 hr at 40 uA (Sean/Andrew - confirm time)
- 1 hour for single foil (magnets off) => Chance BBcal HV setting to appropriate values
- Moller measurement
- BigBite/single foil location reconstruction (~20 mins?) - BigBite + HCAL detector experts on call consulting analysis experts like Andrew/Sean (magnet on)