RC meeting and Run Plan, Wednesday Sept. 6, 2023
Return to the RC Meeting Calendar
RC Meeting Information
Time:at 3:30pm today
- Location: Counting house conference room
- ZoomGov Meeting Connection Information
Readiness for Beam
- CG: beam restoration to hall A now projected to start swing Tue Sept 12. We will need to have a shift crew starting on Wed Sept 13 day. Will Tireman to cancelling shifts.
- SSG still has a number of items for the HCO but they will probably get to them by the end of the week (after completing Hall C work)
Hall readiness and lockup schedule (Zak Remele)
- ZR: Jack's lock off the power supply and one of the magnets was ramped up to full current (https://logbooks.jlab.org/entry/4175274)
Beamline readiness: beamline quads and harps, bcms, bpms, ion chambers (Ciprian Gal)
- Daniel Moser: Beam plans for reviving the target protection systems (the position locks and ramp rate) in place (Bill will review).
- Beam current limit: RSAD written for 50uA.
For each subsystem we ask that the responsible person go over the following points:
- The overall status of your subsystem
- Will your subsystem be ready well before Hall lock-up on Friday or at the latest by Monday morning?
- Does your system being ready depend on your team only or are outside resources required?
- HCal (Jiwan Poudel)
- few channels with problems (probably cabling) and expect to recover them ahead of closeout on Friday
- NEED update
- Bigbite (Arun Tadepalli)
- already took some cosmic data and things look ok
- NEED update
- Target cell status(Arun/Gordon)
- Will wait for magnet upadte
- Target laser status (alignment, polarization, power etc)
- work ongoing
- Counting House Alarms (Bill Henry)
- Bill will test the alarms and instructions for shift crew response in the wiki
- DAQ (Alex Camsonne)
- SBS beamline crate recovery ongoing but expect to have it done by Friday
- there seems to be a sitewide helicity signal issue; will talk to Paul King
- GEMs (Holly Szumila-Vance)
- Sean: SBS GEMs require debugging (but they should not hold off closing the hall)
- Target magnets and measurements (Bogdan W. and Bill Henry)
- Since SBS magnet is not working (temp fault) these tests could not be done.
- Moller polarimeter (Don Jones)
- Target motion not working (Ellen looking into it)
- we want to do at least one measurement at the beginning; all systems that could be checked now (besides the target) work as expected
- magnet not cold; expect to get it there end of week (over the weekend)
- SBS magnet and Bigbite magnets ramp and hold?
- ongoing issue (see above)
- Corrector magnets:
- need to be tested by Ellen; CG provided max current
- CG will check the elog
Plans and Procedures
Are required plans and procedures in place?
- Is there a clear and up to date procedure for bring beam into the hall for the first time?(Eg. )
- Ion chamber calibrations: Gen/GMn (PolHe3) in Hall A Fall 2023 Ion Chamber Calibrations -- https://tasklists.jlab.org/bslist/tasks/109834
- Are the previous target protections still in place? Do we need to remind MCC to re-establish them?
- Reminder: software GUIs with target position protection using BPMs engaged and turns beam off if it wanders +/1mm from set position. Must go to carbon target or target out to tune if beam trips due to this.
- Hall A current ramp protection has maximum ramp rate and does what??? if it goes over a threshold above the set ramp rate.
- Hall A Current Ramp Rate Protection Checkout and Commissioning -- https://tasklists.jlab.org/bslist/tasks/109836
- Hall A BPM Target Protection Checkout -- https://tasklists.jlab.org/bslist/tasks/109835
- Are the existing written procedures for re-establishing beam after being down for a period of time still up to date. Are the thresholds triggering the re-establishment procedure still valid?
- Can we continue using the same spreadsheet?
- Is there a clear experimental plan for the RC to accomplish for the first week of running? (Andrew Puckett and Bogdan Wojtsekhowski)
- When will we do polarimetry? => early in the run to compare with hall C results
- Are there optics runs we need to take?
- What calibrations need to be done? Any sieve in data? -> Possibly.