Remote Power Cycling
From SBS wiki
<<SBS Main<< HOW TOs (BigBite Spectrometer)
This page contains instructions for how to power cycle outlets in the remote-controlled power strips in Hall A. More info on crate resets, like power strip names and what is plugged into them, can be found here.
Power Cycling the Outlets Remotely
- Go to the reboot switch with the device you wish to power cycle like hareboot14.
- Click on the tab at the top labeled `PDU'.
- Click on 'Outlet Action:Control' and a list of the slots and their names will appear.
- Next to `Control Action' select either `Turn On', `Turn Off', or `Reboot' based on your desired action. (Note: You may need to click the drop down menu that starts with 'Turn On' and use the arrow keys to select the other options as the menu sometimes doesn't appear.)
- Then click the checkbox next to the outlets you wish to apply this action to and press the `Next' button.
- You will be taken to a confirmation screen. Press `Apply' for the selected action to apply to the selected outlets.
- Make a HALOG entry noting what you did and why.
List of Devices in hareboot14
- the GRINCH camera is in switch 1 labelled GRINCH Camera.
- The Upper HCal HV crate rpi20 power supply is in switch 2 labelled HCal Upper HV Crate rpi20.
- The Lower HCal HV crate rpi21 power supply is in switch 4 labelled HCal Lower HV Crate rpi21.
- The BB HV crate rpi17 power supply is in switch 6 labelled BB HV rpi17.
- The BB HV crate rpi18 power supply is in switch 7 labelled BB HV rpi18.
- The GRINCH LED pulser is in switch 8 labelled GRINCH LED Pulser.
- The enpcamsonne PC is in switch 4 labelled enpcamsonne.
- HCAL VTP 28 and 29 portserver in switch 5.
- The HCal/BBCal threshold readback rpi is in switch 8 labelled HCal/BB Threshold Readback rpi.