GMn/nTPE analysis meeting 2023 05 05
From SBS wiki
Agenda: topics of discussion:
- Broader analysis roadmap/direction - Zeke has a starting point Diagram
- Systematics & Statistics: Sources of systematics:
- detector efficiencies (most notably HCal)
- inelastic events subtraction;
- kinematics - compare average effective Q2 for SBS8 and SBS9 (specific to nTPE);
- What are necessary milestones for a preliminary result List of steps/milestones towards analysis
- Analysis roadmap needs to include the evaluation of systematic uncertainties;
- side question on radiative corrections: Evaluating their effect requires the comparison of an analysis on Monte Carlo with radiative corrections and without radiative corrections.
- Systematics: Will complete the list of systematics uncertainties.
- Side discussion on HCal selection: need to evaluate systematics due to the selection of the highest energy cluster for the nucleon candidate;
- Milestones for preliminary results need to be completed and expended.
- I will contact people to obtain an assessment on the calibration of the different subsystems for the next 2-3 meetings;
- Question on the attempt to analyze p(\gamma pi^+)pi N from SBS9 (brought by Anu):
- we have to assume E(\gamma) = E(beam);
- ideally we want only a neutron: will tBB resolution allow us to resolve n from pi N?
- Question on the relevance of getting dedicated p(\gamma pi^+)pi N data for GEn-RP: would need investigation.